Apr 18, 2007

An Appeal to Mummy from her Loving Baby


  • Don’t be afraid to be firm with me. I need it to make me feel secure.
  • Don’t let me form ‘bad habits’. I rely on you to detect them in the early stages.
  • Don’t correct me in front of others. I shall notice if you talk quietly with me in private.
  • Don’t spoil me. I know well that I shouldn’t demand everything. I am only testing you.
  • Don’t brush off the questions I ask as unimportant. If you do so, I shall stop asking.
  • Don’t nag. If you do, I shall have to protect myself by appearing deaf.
  • Don’t make me feel smaller than I am. It only makes me behave stupidly ‘Big’.
  • Don’t make me feel my mistakes are sins. It upsets my sense of values.
  • Don’t tell me my fears are silly. They are terribly real to me, try to reassure me.
  • Don’t protect me from consequences. I need to learn the painful way sometimes.
  • Don’t take too much notice of my small ailments. I use them to grab your attention.
  • Don’t be inconsistent. It makes me lose faith in your words and actions.
  • Don’t forget that I love experimenting. How would I learn without it?
  • Don’t make me believe that you are perfect or infallible. It gives me a huge shock when I find that you are neither

No comments: